If you’ve set out to find inspiration, you’re bound to find it. You’ll be lucky to discover new things in books, movies, nature or in contrast, through hard work, competitive spirit and even rest. But the most generous portion of inspiration hides in other people who have been learning by trial and error and are ready to share their wisdom and experience.
This time, these people are the female photographers working with Depositphotos who have found themselves in lifestyle, wedding, and travel photography. They have impactful and creative portfolios, not to mention their thoughts on working with stocks and photography in general.
15 statements from female photographers that will inspire you
Yulia Versta, “Every new person is a new story.”
- Landscapes love silence, while with people, it is vice versa. You never know what they will tell you. Maybe, someone’s story will change my life or my photography will change the world of other people. These are the main reasons why I am a photographer.
- In people, I appreciate authenticity because imperfections add charisma and highlight uniqueness. Moreover, you never know the result of the symbiosis of a photographer and a model. Every new person is a new story.
The moment a person relaxes is a very important one for a photographer.
- Life is extremely fleeting and I want to remember all the moments and be able to store them, so I take pictures of people. I also want them to remember these moments and hope that over time, these photos will become even more valuable to them.
- Five rules on becoming a successful stock photographer:
- Being consistent.
- Taking relevant images.
- Identifying what’s most important in your photography.
- Shooting a lot.
- The moment a person relaxes is a very important one for a photographer. During the shooting, I often play music because it’s not with everyone that I can enter a certain state and feel that we work as one for a common result.
Anna Gribtsova, “Photography is a kind of time machine.”
- It is important to give free rein to people. As a photographer, I can only direct (for example), by saying “hug each other” but I never specify how. It’s because they will hug as they are used to, as they always do, not just for the perfect shot.
- I love to shoot relationships between people. That’s why wedding and love story photography are the closest to me. In them, especially in wedding photography, you can see a whole spectrum of positive emotions that can be experienced by a person. Looking at the images after many years, one can remember the warm feelings felt that day or in that period. Photography is a kind of time machine.
- I love to post-process images right after the shooting when I come back home. Being in the midst of the emotions I got from people, working with a computer does not seem so routine.
- Three tips for the up-and-coming lifestyle and love story photographers:
- Shooting a lot because practice makes perfect.
- Networking and exchanging experience.
- Understanding good photography, watching movies and capturing pictures, angles, and light that you will automatically remember during the photo shoot.
- I never delete blurry shots because to me, they can transmit the duration of the moment and the movement.
Margarita Demidova, “The moment when you say to yourself ‘I can do more’, new opportunities will come up.”
- For me, photography is an opportunity to capture real moments. Having modeling experience, I can show a person how to pose. I can help them find their good angle and help them relax because I know how tense a person may be.
- When shooting for stocks, I always plan the framing. Before that, I go to the stock photography platform and explore the top images. I study the trendy ones and try to use the same concepts in my photo shoots. In addition, I give freedom to a model to improvise because by far, not every concept has been discovered. Everyone’s taking shots that are in trend but you can shoot something unique and find your own niche.
- Personal secrets of modeling for stocks:
- The best shots are live and emotional.
- It is important to find common grounds with a photographer if you’re aiming for good results.
- The most comfortable job is the one you really enjoy.
Photography is an opportunity to capture real moments.
- The moment when you say to yourself “I can do more”, new opportunities will come up.
- The ideal plot for me is someone’s story. For instance, an old woman is simply sitting on a couch but the shot will definitely tell a story.
Sometimes a small phrase will inspire you to start something new and to just get out there and create. We hope that these statements from female contributors at Depositphotos have been just that!
Share this article with your friends and colleagues, and let’s spread the word about the Depositphotos’ female contributors who love what they do and do it with the highest of standards.
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with trends, get valuable tips and insights as well as bonus materials.