The Depositphotos contest has already been running for over a month, and we’d like to share new discoveries about what authenticity is according to the participants. During the first two weeks, independent photographers emphasized that authenticity is capturing candid moments as they are and having the courage to be yourself. Throughout the third and fourth weeks, they explored authenticity in greater detail.
Photographers submitted black and white self-portraits, images of the harvesting season in the northern mountains of Vietnam, and shots of perfectly symmetrical apartment blocks in Hanoi. They captured the beauty of nature, the ambiance of crowded megalopolises, and endless moments full of love. If you were to take an authentic photograph, what would it be?
Below we introduce some of the best shots of the third and fourth weeks of the photo contest and encourage you to submit your images today. There are two more weeks of the contest ahead and we look forward to discovering what authenticity means to you.
1. Sisters, @debaphotowala
2. Being yourself no matter how many people or cameras look at you, @stepanov.jr
3. Harvesting season in the northern mountains of Vietnam, @the_prabster
4. Following your thoughts, @borodatze
5. Enjoy each other and learn to love and appreciate more, @notgreatfotography
6. In pursuit of destiny, @vorobiova_photo
7. Being yourself, @the_prabster
8. Not being judged from the side, @stahiv
9. Marta play and jump in Madrid, @javierarcenillas
10. My life, @photographybd_71
11. Gabriela, @mariaec___
12. Self-portraits, @anesthesia_amnesia
13. A kiss on a rainy evening during a street concert, @igor_stomakhin
14. Art and creation, @fesenkin.ph
15. Eyes don’t lie, @kamiengell
16. Friends, @joshlahaye
17. The courage to be yourself, @juliaduarte.photography
18. To find yourself and catch a muse who can inspire you, @you.dejavu
19. A man repairs his old Soviet car in an unusual way on the outskirts of Mogilev, Belarus, @mikhail_kapychka_photography
20. Night moon, @borodatze
To find out more about the rules and requirements, read our photo contest guide. You can submit your old and new images, taken both with a smartphone or a digital camera. Whether you’re an amateur or a professional photographer, take part in the Depositphotos contest and let’s celebrate candid moments in everyday life together.
Depositphotos Blog Digest
Join a community of 160,000 monthly readers who are obsessed with
amazing visuals, useful tips, and great stories