Every cinema piece takes us on a journey. Deliberately chosen sets contribute to the atmosphere of the movies. Some locations are built, others take place in remote and famous locations around the world. Here are 20 movie set locations that have been glorified through cinema. Off screen, they’re demystified and accessible to all.
Visiting these locations makes for a thrilling experience. Being on location brings to intangible to life, like jumping from your comfortable couch to the realms of reality. Each location was carefully selected for it’s beauty, elaborate architecture and cinematic qualities.
1. La La Land – Griffith park
2. Mad Max – Namib Naukluft National Park, Namibia
3. Interstellar – Svinafellsjokull Glacier, Iceland
4. Oblivion – Hrossaborg Crater, Iceland
5. Hunger Games – Triple Falls, DuPont State Forest, North Carolina
6. Skyfall – Glencoe
7. The Dark Knight Rises – Mehrangarh Fort
8. Life of Pi – Pondicherry, India
9. Game of Thrones – Dubrovnik, Croatia
10. Harry Potter – Christ Church College, Oxford
11. Inception – Nijo Castle
12. Avatar – Hawaii
13. Angels and Demons – Vatican City
14. Lord of the Rings – Hobbiton set, Matamata, North Island, New Zealand
15. Jurassic Park – Kauai, Hawaii
16. Star Wars – Nefta, Tunisia
17. Forest Gump – Savannah
18. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade – Petra
19. Jaws – Martha’s Vineyard
20. Monty Python – Doune Castle
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with trends, get valuable tips and insights as well as bonus materials.