Content marketing, social media activity, running ads, building a reputation – it’s a lot to handle, especially if you’re going about it on your own. Marketing is a complex web of interdisciplines and ideally should work like a well oiled machine. This machine too, needs fuel. Sometimes inspiration can come in the form of witty words that add clarity to your marketing efforts.
It’s the perfect dose of inspiration for agencies, businesses and entrepreneurs working towards the same goals. Take a breather and let’s get to the bottom of what all the words of wisdom are trying to communicate. Basically, get to work.
2. “Social media is about the people. Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide for you.” – Matt Goulart
3. “Content is the reason search began in the first place.” – Lee Odden
4. “You can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them.” – Pam Moore
6. “Even when you are marketing to your entire audience or customer base, you are still simply speaking to a single human at any given time.” – Ann Handley
7. “Clients don’t care about the labor pains; they want to see the baby.” – Tim Williams
8. “Amazing things will happen when you listen to the consumer.” – Jonathan Midenhall
9. “Give them quality. That is the best kind of advertising.” – Milton Hershey
11. “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” – Simon Sinek
12. “People shop and learn in a whole new way compared to just a few years ago, so marketers need to adapt or risk extinction.” – Brian Halligan
13. “Successful companies in social media function more like entertainment companies, publishers, or party planners than as traditional advertisers.” – Erik Qualman
14. “Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology” – Brian Solis
16. “Before you create any more ‘great content,’ figure out how you are going to market it first.” – Joe Pulizzi
17. “Don’t build links. Build relationships.” – Rand Fishkin
18. “Content Marketing is no longer a numbers game. It’s a game of relevance.” – Jason Miller
19. “Content marketing is like a first date. If you only talk about yourself, there won’t be a second one.” – David Beebe
21. “Nobody reads ads. People read what interests them. Sometimes, it’s an ad.” – Howard Gossage
22. “Nobody counts the number of ads you run; they just remember the impression you make.” – Bill Bernbach
23. “It’s hard to target a message to a generic 35-year-old middle-class working mother of two. It’s much easier to target a message to Jennifer, who has two children under four, works as a paralegal, and is always looking for quick but healthy dinners and ways to spend more time with her kids and less time on housework.” – Elizabeth Gardner
24. “The key is, no matter what story you tell, make your buyer the hero.” – Chris Brogan
26. “An ad is finished only when you no longer can find a single element to remove.”– Robert Fleege
27. “On average, 8 out of 10 people will read your headline copy, but only 2 out 10 will read the rest.” – Brian Clark
28. “Too many companies want their brands to reflect some idealized, perfected image of themselves. As a consequence, their brands acquire no texture, no character and no public trust.” – Richard Branson
29. “Make your marketing so useful people would pay you for it.” – Jay Baer
31. “Marketing’s job is never done. It’s about perpetual motion. We must continue to innovate every day.” – Beth Comstock,
32. “Stopping advertising to save money is like stopping your watch to save time.” – Henry Ford
33. “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it’s what consumers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
These marketing quotes serve as a reminder that marketing is about people above all else. It is also an art form, a way to reach out to people and build connections. These connections then turn into your loyal clients and customers. Do you have any personal favorite quotes? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with trends, get valuable tips and insights as well as bonus materials.